Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bonfires and Birthdays

A couple weeks ago our family decided to have a hot dog and s'mores roast. Mmmmmmmhmmm. Boy, was THAT amazing. There is something special about cooking food over a fire outside. It was a cold night but that was okay, we just hunched over some more and took on the odor of smoke;) After finishing our sticky snack -Havalah called them "smarshsmellows"- the older kids each carted on their back a younger kid and we raced up and down the sidewalk whooping and hollering. It was fun. (= Because that last part took up so much exertion, we all ended up laying on our backs looking up at the stars. But kids can never be still and before long a rough, tough, fend-for-yourself, game of wrestling came on. I barely made it out of their alive. *whew* Thinking about all the energy I expended that night makes me exhausted.

This past Saturday, Seth had his 12th birthday!!! He wasn't here, so, we celebrated it without him. Hehe. Naw, we're not that cruel, we waited until Sunday night when he came home. Because most of us are trying to stay away from dairy now, Seth requested chili and blackberry cobbler. We managed to make both of those items without using any dairy! Yay!
Although I enjoy a good chili, I must say the cobbler was AMAZING.
Seth is turning into quite a good looking young man, and although many young ladies may be swooning over him at the moment, I'm very happy to say that "His gate is still closed".*

I really haven't covered everything that has happened in the past couple of weeks but there shall be more posts to follow soon after.


*Inside joke;)

2 comments:

  1. And no one is allowed to open that gate unless they get approval from this big sister! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm not going to be easy about this either. I can be a scary noona if I want to!

    ReplyDelete