Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hello everyone!

 I'm so excited to be here guest blogging while Qixi and Moxie are away in Missouri. I have neither the creativity nor the perseverance to blog, so I am quite impressed with those who can. I want to extend my warmest thanks to Qix and Mox for giving me the opportunity to write my first blog post. This is fun! And maybe just a teensy bit scary ( I mean, really girls, how do you manage to come up with such interesting and witty topics all the time?!). Also, I feel all ten thumbs and tech awkward so I apologise in advance for any weird blog flubbing that may occur while the girls are away.
 
I recently came across Eric Whitacre's virtual choir video from last year on YouTube which I think is pretty amazing. Not only did Mr. Whitacre dream up and conduct this virtual choir, he also composed the music.



After the success of his first virtual choir, Mr. Whitacre began working on "Virtual Choir 2.0, Sleep" which was just released this month. So beautiful.



2000 people from all over the world contributed to this video, including Beau Autin who recorded a multi track for 'Sleep'. In this video he sings all 8 parts, from soprano to bass.


How impressive! I think a virtual choir is such a fascinating idea. People from all over the work can "connect" through music and sing "together".
~ Mara

No comments:

Post a Comment