Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

All Dressed Up

Several years ago, our good friends Aram and Debbie got married. For some reason, our family wasn't able to make it to the ceremony, but we were able to attend the reception. I had a lot of fun playing with my friends all evening long and making frequent trips to the snack table, for some much needed sustenance. After the reception was over, our family stayed to help clean up, and Debbie, the bride, took off her wedding dress. It was satiny with some lace, had a long train, and what seemed to me a thousand satin buttons. What's more, it was poufy and I thought it was beautiful. Debbie offered to let us try it on (that is, I think she offered, but we may have begged her on our knees until she relented. That portion of the evening is a little fuzzy in my memory). We all took turns trying on the wedding dress, and I remember feeling like a queen when I wore it. In these pictures, I am on the right (I'm about 7), and Esther is on the left. I love looking at these pictures!


P.S. I got our scanner to work! I'm so happy!

2 comments:

  1. Aww ... this totally makes my heart melt. You girls look so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very adorable. This little story was new to me! I love it. ;)

    ReplyDelete