Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Havalah's Toast

One morning Havalah asked me for some toast. Like the angel I am, I gladly complied and popped some bread in the toaster. When I went to butter the toast, it was gone. Looking around the kitchen, I spied the culprit. Ian was munching on some hot toast. Havalah was upset, so I told Ian he had to toast some bread for her. Feeling guilty, Ian put some bread in the toaster. He left the kitchen and forgot about Havalah's toast. When he remembered, he went to the kitchen to retrieve the toast. But it wasn't in the toaster. It had just been thrust into Naomi's mouth and it was lathered with Nutella. Havalah burst into tears. So Naomi got a slice of bread, wedged it in the toaster and stood guard over it like a mother hen watching her chicks. The toaster popped and out came some hot toast. Naomi buttered it and handed it to Havalah, who gladly bit into her long-awaited toast.

The moral of this story? When you toast bread in our kitchen, you have to watch it closely or someone will eat it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment