Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Linens 'N' Things

My family is back home. How do I know?
1. There is certainly no need to be paranoid about the quiet anymore(don't ask).
2. Clothes, clothing, cloth, blankets, etc, etc, etc.
3. LOTS of it.

I've grown up folding clothes, and although it's not my favorite chore you can definitely find creative ways to pass the time. When I was little, I would pretend all the men in our family were soldiers. I stacked their piles on the outside edge of the couch so that they might fight bravely and fend off our foes. Often times, all the girl piles would have to run away and hide in caves, which meant they were always stationed on the seat of the couch. Ah! yes, tis true this is;)

Now when I fold clothes it often times is a good stress reliever. To me, folding them as close to perfection that I can get them is a sort of triumphant feeling because I know that it requires no great skill. It is a calming effect and they always smell faintly of lavender. Moxie can't quite understand why I insist on folding a whole weeks worth by myself sometimes, but it really is soothing to me.

Another reason why I fold clothes is because I'm angry at someone. Usually I give the clothes belonging to that person a good shaking out. I always do it with a stern face;)

And yet another reason I fold clothes is because everyone else is. Half the time the whole family gets involved and we end up stretching the folding time because of all the conversation and noise going on. Really, how can one be focused on finding a pair of mismatched socks when a fellow folder is telling their latest bathroom episode?

Thank you for bearing with me. If you were worried about only the men taking up arms to protect us women, don't worry, not that I've gotten older there is equality in the fighting(=

No comments:

Post a Comment