Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

A Poem

I was going through my journal today, and noticed a poem I had written awhile ago that I had completely forgotten about. I thought I'd jot it down here, even though it's nothing special. The reality is that I didn't know what to blog about, so I thought "Qixi, just write down the poem, and who cares what anyone thinks about it!"

I do things differently when I'm at home
Sometimes I pretend I'm visiting Rome

When close upon me there comes a menace,
I pretend I'm boating on the canals in Venice

To a friend who was leaving, I said "Goodbye"
Then to mask the pain, I pretended I was a caterpillar, turning into a butterfly

Once, someone gave me a rose,all pretty and red
But it died soon after I had gone to bed

When I wake up and the sky is gray,
I go back to bed and sleep until a sunny day

No comments:

Post a Comment