Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

A Conversation with Havalah

The week has flown by! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with our family in Missouri! A couple days ago, I asked Havalah some Thanksgiving - related questions. Her answers were interesting, so I thought I'd write them down.
Me: Who were the Pilgrims?
Havalah: They lived where the Indians lived, in the woods, and they were hiding from the Indians 'cause they were scared of them. The Pilgrims told all Squanto's friends that they were nice, and then they trapped the Indians and took them to where the Pilgrims lived.
Me: *thinking* they trapped the Indians?
Havalah: (continuing to speak) Squanto went to his Mom and Dad, but he wasn't human anymore, he was an Indian.
Me: What's an Indian like?
Havalah: They wear a feather, and they sing when people come to visit them. People think Indians are nice, but they aren't. They hide in trees. The Pilgrims got them food, but it didn't taste good.

This conversation lasted much longer, but I'm not going to write it all down. Havalah kind of rambles when she talks, and it's hard to keep track of. Besides, I can't really read all the notes I made while she was talking to me. They just look like a bunch of scribbles. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment