Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Peanut Butter Frosting

Saturday I made this amazing peanut butter frosting. I know, it sounds slightly strange (try peanut butter and jelly cupcakes for a little bit of different) but it tastes good. I made the peanut butter frosting because Mom bought rice cakes and I was going to eat one with Nutella on it when I realized we were all out of Nutella. I promptly sat on the floor and cried. But then! I remembered this peanut butter frosting and I knew it would taste fantastic on a rice cake. So I searched the internet until I found the recipe and then I made it.
Then I slathered waaay too much on a rice cake and gobbled it down. It was gooooooood. So here's the recipe (taken from marthastewart.com):

Ingredients

  • 6 ounces cream cheese
  • 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter (not natural)
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream

Directions

  1. Beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar with a mixer on medium speed. Add salt, then peanut butter, then vanilla. Whisk cream until soft peaks form, and then fold into peanut butter mixture. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. (Bring to room temperature, and beat on low speed until smooth before using.)

No comments:

Post a Comment