Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Quotes from Nancy Drew Books

One of the first books I remember reading (outside of school books) was a Hardy Boys book. I liked it, but it didn't quite click with me. So I read The Secret of the Old Clock, the first book of many in the Nancy Drew series. I loved it. At the time, I thought it was a real mystery novel. It wasn't, of course, but I read every Nancy Drew book I could get my hands on. When I was twelve I read Sherlock Holmes for the first time and I realized that Nancy Drew books didn't even have a plot. Thankfully, it doesn't stop me from enjoying (even now) the quaint little stories. And I love Nancy Drew quotes. Mara Unni gave Qix, Exie and I a Nancy Drew Guide to Life booklet, from which all of the quotes below are taken.

If you are afraid of being followed when you leave your house, buy a new car and have it brought around to the back of the house for a sneaky escape.
          - Password to Larkspur Lane

If a guy's hunch results in a dead-end, don't flaunt your better judgment and intuition in front of him. Smirk secretly to yourself.
          -The Phantom of Pine Hill

When searching for important clues, anything labeled "Top Secret" might be a good place to start.
          -The Crooked Banister

Spend time at the gym to build upper body strength. Detective work may require fending off a vicious hair pulling.
          -The Thirteenth Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment