Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Qix and Mox Discuss the First Day of School

Mox: This morning before going to work, Dad popped into my room and saw that I was awake and was all, "Well, this is unusual." And I was like, "Yeah, it's the first day of school . . . "

Qix: Mox is a VERY heavy sleeper, and wouldn't nomally have gotten up at 7:15. Not that I would have either...but

Mox: There happened to be a definitions quiz THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOl (what is up with that??) and so I was doing my best to memorize a few useless words.

Qix: Hey, I did too! And was it as hard as you thought? nope. See, Mrs. Leonard* is the sweetest thing. :)

Mox: I wasn't sure. I've never had Mrs. Leonard before, and you can never tell with those math teachers. Speaking of things you can never be certain of, how was econ?

Qix: Hmm, well. Mr. Houvenor is supposed to be rather strict, (even his daughter told me so) but hopefully nothing will happen on my part to incur his wrath. :) It will not be my favorite class but I have to take it. *sigh*

Mox: Aren't you the only girl in algebra 2?

Qix: Wow. Good subject. And yes, I am. Waaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! It is definitely very competitive. The boys talk back and forth while doing their problems and our teacher has to slow them down. Oftentimes they whiz by a problem so fast it ends up being wrong. whew, I was drained after it.

Qix: What do you think of all the Freshmen?

Mox: There are so many freshman I'm overwhelmed! I don't know half the school. So weird.

Qix: yeah, me too. Although, it'll make Cornerstone** gossip all the more interesting.

Mox: Now that you mention it, I realize gossip last year was limited to Adam's beard and Graham's temper tantrums.

Qix: Mm, which was quite fascinating (the beard). Do you remember the time he shaved half his face? So strange.

Mox: I know. One side was a full grown beard and the other side was clean shaven. Horribly fascinating to look at.

Qix: He also grew it out soo much, he looked like a monkey and would stick pencils, paper clips, erasers, and even small candy in it. Ugh. Not cool.

*commence pause for 10 minutes to talk with mom about Adam's personally, antics, and various other things about him.*

Mox: So, we're back! And I think we should talk about lunch. Specifically . . .

Qix: . . . the teachers table!!! oh my gosh. They are the most adorable things ever.

Mox: There were 7 or 8 of them crouched around a tiny tiny card table, right in the middle of the lunchroom, that looked like it would keel over from all the food on it!

Qix: And they were just all talking, and laughing and seemed to be having the grandest time.

Mox: Well, who wouldn't? It's the first day of school and there was free food!

Qix: Teehee! You've got a point. :)







*Mox and I both have Mrs. Leonard for our math classes, this is my second year with her.
** Cornerstone is the name of the co-op we take classes at.

No comments:

Post a Comment